Volunteering at Scott Street
Our Scott Street House offers many volunteer opportunities, from cooking meals for families to helping us keep the House organized and clean. Please read the information below and then complete an Volunteer Application to register as a volunteer.
House volunteers are always needed and welcomed to help us with the following types of tasks:
- Keep common areas clean and organized
- Decorate the House for holidays and special events
- Maintain our outdoor spaces including the garden
- And much more!
If you are interested in helping us provide a warm, clean, homelike environment for our families, please fill out the application above. If you have any questions, please email Leo Brown our Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Meal Volunteers
As a Family Meal Volunteer, you will have the flexibility to volunteer once, on a regularly-scheduled basis, or as often as you would like. To families in crisis who lack the time to prepare their own meals, the gift of your time and resources in preparing breakfast or dinner means so much.
- We cannot accommodate more than 8 people in your group as the kitchen can get crowded and present safety issues.
- Dinners are served at 7 p.m. Groups should plan to arrive by 6:00pm. Depending on your menu, you may want to arrange with our office for an earlier arrival.
- Breakfasts are on Saturday mornings only. Breakfast is served at 9:00 a.m. Please plan to arrive promptly at 8 a.m.
- Ronald McDonald House provides all kitchen cookware, utensils and beverages. You will need to provide ingredients for your meal. (Basics provided: seasonings, flour, oils, etc.) If possible, please email us a copy of the menu in advance so we can let the families know what delicious meal will be prepared.
- Meals should serve 15-20, and include a vegetarian component. Your group is encouraged to join the families for the meal. Not all families are at the House for the 7 p.m. dinnertime as they often stay at the hospital until late evening, but the leftovers are very much appreciated by those returning late!
- Please clean-up following your dinner (load dishwasher, wipe tables, etc.).
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Leo Brown via email@example.com to schedule your group’s meal for a date not already booked on the calendar below.