Volunteering at Ronald McDonald House
Daily Meal Service
For families accessing critical pediatric care, volunteer meal service alleviates the burdens of food purchasing and preparation costs and offers them precious time together when they need each other most.
If your company or community group is looking for hands-on and engaging team building opportunities, Ronald McDonald House meal preparation and service provides dynamic and meaningful opportunities for support on a one-time or recurring basis.
Please find below important information on Ronald McDonald House volunteer policies and procedures. Have questions or want to sign up? Please contact Sarah Reichanadter, house manager, at 415.502.9867.
- We can accommodate up to 6-8 volunteers per meal service.
- Dinners are served at 5:30 p.m. Groups should plan to arrive at 3 p.m.
- We provide all kitchen cookware and utensils. Groups need to provide ingredients for the meal. (Basics provided: seasonings, flour, oils, etc.)
- Meals should serve 70-80, and include a vegetarian component. Your group is encouraged to join the families for the meal. Not all families are at the House for the 5:30 p.m. dinnertime as they often stay at the hospital until late evening, but the leftovers are very much appreciated by those returning later.
- We cannot accept pre-cooked/cooked food brought from home.
- Please clean-up following the dinner (load dishwasher, wipe off tables, etc.).