Volunteering at Mission Bay
Due to its strategic location inside UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, our Mission Bay House offers different volunteer opportunities and procedures. Please read the information below and then complete a Volunteer Application to register as a volunteer.
Family Meal Volunteers
As a Family Meal Volunteer, you will have the flexibility to volunteer once, on a regularly-scheduled basis, or as often as you would like. To families in crisis who lack the time to prepare their own meals, the gift of your time and resources in preparing breakfast or dinner means so much.
- We can accommodate up to 8 people in your group as the kitchen can get crowded and present safety issues.
- Dinners are served at 7 p.m. Groups should plan to arrive two hours prior to service time. Depending on your menu, you may want to arrange with our office for an earlier arrival.
- Breakfasts are served at 9:30 a.m. Please plan to arrive promptly at 8 a.m.
- Ronald McDonald House provides all kitchen cookware, utensils, and beverages. You will need to provide ingredients for your meal. (Basics provided: seasonings, flour, oils, etc.) If possible, please email us a copy of the menu in advance so we can let the families know what delicious meal will be prepared.
- Meals should serve 20-25, and include a vegetarian component. Your group is encouraged to join the families for the meal. Not all families are at the House for the 7 p.m. dinnertime as they often stay at the hospital until late evening, but the leftovers are very much appreciated by those returning later.
- We cannot accept Pre-Cooked/Cooked food brought from home.
- If you are planning on catering, please call Fabiana De Andrade, Food Service Manager at 415-502-9867.
- Please clean-up following your dinner (load dishwasher, wipe tables, etc.).
For more information about volunteering please contact: email@example.com