Volunteering at Mission Bay
Due to its strategic location inside UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, our Mission Bay House offers different volunteer opportunities and procedures. Please read the information below and then contact Sarah Reichanadter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Meal Volunteers
As a Family Meal Volunteer, you will have the flexibility to volunteer once, on a regularly-scheduled basis, or as often as you would like. To families in crisis who lack the time to prepare their own meals, the gift of your time and resources in preparing breakfast or dinner means so much.
- We can accommodate up to 6-8 volunteers.
- Dinners are served at 5:30 p.m. Groups should plan to arrive at 3 p.m.
- We provide all kitchen cookware and utensils. Groups need to provide ingredients for the meal. (Basics provided: seasonings, flour, oils, etc.)
- Meals should serve 30-40, and include a vegetarian component. Your group is encouraged to join the families for the meal. Not all families are at the House for the 7 p.m. dinnertime as they often stay at the hospital until late evening, but the leftovers are very much appreciated by those returning later.
- We cannot accept pre-cooked/cooked food brought from home.
- Please clean-up following the dinner (load dishwasher, wipe off tables, etc.).
For more information about volunteering please contact Sarah Reichanadter at email@example.com.